Teaching with the Brain in Mind
When asked about the things we want our children to learn and develop, the answers most often reflect healthy minds, positive relationships, and resilience. Nevertheless, these subjects do not appear in school curriculums. Dr. Siegel begins by introducing the idea that we must first define and understand the mind in order to create supportive environments in which growing minds can be nurtured.
In this lecture, you will explore the ways in which attention and relationships change the structure and function of the brain. By understanding the science behind social and emotional intelligence, you will learn internal practices and ways of relating that promote health and well-being in all aspects of life. Whether you are a parent or an educator, this course will leave you with the awareness and skills necessary to better show up for yourself and the children with whom you interact.
By the end of this course you will
1. Outline the different facets of the mind
2. Explain how experience, particularly in schools and at home, impacts the structure of the brain
3. Define attunement and its role in development
4. Identify the “3 R’s” that promote social and emotional intelligence
5. Highlight the nine functions of the middle prefrontal cortex
6. Assess how integration relates to a healthy mind and healthy relationships
7. Utilize an understanding of brain development to discuss behavior with adolescents
8. Describe how making sense of one’s life relates to secure attachment and presence
Upon completion of course, please mark your status as “complete” and you will obtain immediate access to your exam in your course area. Once you complete and submit your exam, our team will process same. Upon passing the exam with an 80% or better, a digital CE Credit Certificate will be emailed to you once it is available. Please note that this process could take up to 2 weeks. If you have any special circumstances, please reach out to the Mindsight Team at email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate.
Further, if you simply require a Certificate of Completion, or if you have any questions regarding this process, please email the Mindsight Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may watch the lectures as many times as you’d like and they will remain in your library forever.
Stream the video lectures on any computer, tablet, or mobile device of your choice!