The Interpersonal Neurobiology of Presence
- CE Credit
This lecture provides an overview of the experience of presence—how we cultivate an open, receptive awareness that provides a state of mind and way of being that promotes well-being in our inner lives and in our relational lives. Exploring attachment research and research findings of how presence in life improves a range of physiological processes including the maintenance of cell function through the optimization of telomerase levels that repair and maintain the telomere caps on the chromosomes. Reviewing how sensing the inner mental state of one’s own or other’s minds—with “mindsight”—is a learnable skill. Health in the body, in relationships, and in our mental life can be seen to arise from a fundamental process of “integration”—the linking of differentiated parts of a system.
Presence is the portal through which integration arises within us, and between us, in our inner lives and our relational worlds. Optimizing clinical work and attachment relationships, applying mindsight and the process of integration in relational communication is one practical way to be present in connecting with others, and with oneself.
- Familiarize yourself with presence, an emerging central mental state that appears to be at the heart of internal and interpersonal well-being
- Delve into the latest scientific findings about the power of presence
- Promote relational and physiological health in your lives at home, work, schools and communities
- Cultivate presence in your mental life
- Discover the interaction between presence and interpersonal neurobiology (IPNB), a transdisciplinary, scientific framework
- Enjoy 1 hour of audio material by Dan
No CEUs available.
You may watch the lectures as many times as you'd like and they will remain in your library forever.
Stream the video lectures on any computer, tablet, or mobile device of your choice!
A Certificate of Completion is available after completing this course. Please email the Mindsight Team at [email protected] to request a test.