Mindsight, Presence, and the Pandemic: Transforming Threat into Challenge and the Invitation to Cultivate Resilience – an in-depth seminar on IPNB and Well-Being
- Learning Objectives
- CE Credit
Utilizing the interdisciplinary, scientific framework of Interpersonal Neurobiology (IPNB), Dr. Seigel will guide you through an in-depth study of the mind, energy, and well-being. In this experiential lecture, you will learn how cultivating the ability to be present enhances our physical and mental resilience in the face of life’s challenges, such as the global pandemic. By understanding how we experience and interpret different patterns of energy, we can shift from reactive states of mind to receptive states of mind.
Dr. Siegel’s Mindsight approach represents a means by which we are able to understand and modulate our experiences in life with clarity and meaning. This course offers science-based tools and practices for developing insight into oneself, empathy for others, and integration, including the Three Pillars of Mind Training as offered in the Wheel of Awareness, and its scientific basis explored in the 3-P framework of the mind. Equipped with these deep insights and skills, you will be able to bring greater resilience and harmony to all aspects of life, both personal and professional.
By the end of this course you will be able to
1. Define the mind and the self from an Interpersonal Neurobiology perspective
2. Assess how attention guides the flow of energy and information
3. Differentiate the four facets of mind – subjective experience, consciousness, information processing, and self-organization
4. Identify the components and function of Mindsight
5. Explain how integration leads to optimal self-organization and well-being
6. Outline the Three Pillars of Mind Training and their mental and physiological benefits
7. Demonstrate how the Wheel of Awareness can be utilized for integrating consciousness
8. Utilize an understanding of the body’s reactions to stress in order to transform threat states into challenge states
9. Analyze the process of cultivating a healthy mind and world
10. Interpret the 3-P diagram as it relates to awareness, states of mind, and actualized possibility
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the California Medical Association (CMA) through the joint providership of Lifespan Learning Institute and the Mindsight Institute.
The Lifespan Learning Institute is accredited by the CMA to provide continuing medical education for physicians.The Lifespan Learning Institute designates this online activity for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
It is your responsibility to verify with your licensing board / organization that they will accept the types of CE credit we offer. Out of state LMFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, and/or LCSWs should verify with their licensing board if they will accept BBS CE.
- Describe how mindsight, neurobiology, and perception play a role in politics and the voting process
- Define the mind
- Describe how relationships and experience shape the mind
- Cultivate presence and consciousness through intention and attention
- Identify the key aspects of the ESSENCE of adolescence
- Explain the purpose of the adolescent period of life
- Decipher how self-reflection and making sense of early life experience can alter brain structure
- Illustrate how embracing uncertainty relates to openness, curiosity, and possibility
- Demonstrate how insight, empathy, and integration can be brought into the workplace
- Describe how media and culture relate to concepts of identity, insight, and self
- Identify the ways in which relationships support health and well-being
You may watch the lectures as many times as you'd like and they will remain in your library forever.
Stream the video lectures on any computer, tablet, or mobile device of your choice!
A Certificate of Completion is available after completing this course. Please email the Mindsight Team at [email protected] to request a test.