Mindsight in Childhood Adolescence
- Learning Objectives
- CE Credit
In this thorough lecture, Dr. Siegel introduces the interdisciplinary scientific framework of Interpersonal Neurobiology, exploring often-elusive questions such as, “what is the mind?” By understanding characteristics and patterns of energy and information flow within and between us, we can begin to interpret the ways in which our experiences are shaped by both the process of attention and relationships, particularly early in life.
Using Mindsight as a tool for developing insight into ourselves, empathy for others, and integration – the linkage of differentiated parts – we can better foster social and emotional intelligence and well-being in both children and ourselves. During this course, you will dive into:
- The latest research on attachment and parenting
- Brain development and changes through the adolescent years
- Skills and strategies for supporting and building Mindsight
- The Wheel of Awareness practice for cultivating presence and inner strength
By the end of this course you will be able to
1. Apply concepts of Interpersonal Neurobiology (IPNB) to various fields, including parenting, psychotherapy, and education
2. Explain how energy and information flow relates to the mind
3. Utilize the “bubble wand” analogy to understand how we take in energy and create meaning
4. Identify the three components of Mindsight and its role in well-being
5. Outline how integration relates to optimal self-organization
6. Distinguish the five characteristics of integration and mental health
7. Define parental presence and its benefits
8. Evaluate the research on attachment and the foundations of secure attachment
9. Outline how connections and experiences relate to neural integration and regulation
10. Describe ways in which the brain develops through adolescence
11. Explain how cultivating presence and developing a coherent narrative relate to resilience and rewarding relationships
12. Demonstrate the Wheel of Awareness practice for integrating consciousness
Upon completion of course, please mark your status as “complete” and you will obtain immediate access to your exam in your course area. Once you complete and submit your exam, our team will process same. Upon passing the exam with an 80% or better, a digital CE Credit Certificate will be emailed to you once it is available. Please note that this process could take up to 2 weeks. If you have any special circumstances, please reach out to the Mindsight Team at [email protected] and we will do our best to accommodate.
Further, if you simply require a Certificate of Completion, or if you have any questions regarding this process, please email the Mindsight Team at [email protected].
You may watch the lectures as many times as you'd like and they will remain in your library forever.
Stream the video lectures on any computer, tablet, or mobile device of your choice!
A Certificate of Completion is available after completing this course. Please email the Mindsight Team at [email protected] to request a test.