Mind, Brain and Relationships in the Cultivation of Well-Being
- Thorough introduction to Interpersonal Neurobiology (“IPNB”), a trans-disciplinary, scientific framework and Dan Siegel’s Mindsight approach
- 8.5+ hours of newly recorded video lectures, eligible for 8.5 hours of CE credit
- Cutting-edge science and insight on the areas of the mind, brain, and relationships
- Practical tools such as the Hand Model of the Brain, case examples, and detailed descriptions of how to use the material in treatment planning and intervention
- Insight into the seven nonverbal aspects of communication and the PART we play in psychotherapy
- Written materials including an outline of the course and a complete index of studies, books, and resources mentioned throughout the training
This is the 1st segment of Dr. Siegel’s 36-Hour Comprehensive Interpersonal Neurobiology Course – The Mindsight Approach to Well-Being.
Mind: Explore the most recent science of what the mind is and how to optimize mental health. Master the foundational concepts of integration, energy flow, consciousness, and subjective experience to provide effective therapeutic interventions.
Brain: Dive into the fascinating field of neuroplasticity as Dr. Siegel highlights the structure and function of the embodied brain and the bodily systems that shape our mental lives. Take away tools to help clients integrate their body and its nervous system to live with well-being and a happiness that includes meaning, connection, and emotional balance.
Relationships: Explore all stages of development, from conception to adulthood, illuminating how our early life experiences and relationships shape who we become. Learn the science of relationships, from romantic to familial and friendships, and discover how to support healthy interpersonal connection.
By the end of this course you will be able to
- Define what the mind is from an IPNB perspective
- Explain how energy and information flow is regulated and forms the mind
- Differentiate the concepts of consciousness, subjective experience, and information processing
- Outline how integration—the linkage of differentiated parts of a system—leads to optimal self-organization experienced as flexibility, adaptability, coherence (resilience across time), energy, and stability
- Identify the role that mindsight—insight, empathy, and integration—plays in well-being and healthy relationships
- Form a better understanding and experience of challenging emotions
- Highlight how the brain develops and changes through relationships, consciousness, and neuroplasticity
- Demonstrate how to use the Hand Model of the Brain to support emotional regulation
- Distinguish among the seven nonverbal aspects of communication and their role in connecting with others
- Analyze how presence, attunement, and resonance foster trusting relationships – the PART we play in close relationships, including psychotherapy, education and the workplace
- Model reflective dialogue and communication
Upon completion of course, please mark your status as “complete” and you will obtain immediate access to your exam in your course area. Once you complete and submit your exam, our team will process same. Upon passing the exam with an 80% or better, a digital CE Credit Certificate will be emailed to you once it is available. Please note that this process could take up to 2 weeks. If you have any special circumstances, please reach out to the Mindsight Team at email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate.
Further, if you simply require a Certificate of Completion, or if you have any questions regarding this process, please email the Mindsight Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may watch the lectures as many times as you'd like and they will remain in your library forever.
Stream the video lectures on any computer, tablet, or mobile device of your choice!
A Certificate of Completion is available after completing this course. Please email the Mindsight Team at email@example.com to request a test.