Interpersonal Neurobiology in Therapy
- Learning Objectives
- CE Credit
Interpersonal Neurobiology in Therapy presents a framework for a new way to engage the brain. Utilizing the latest research in neuroscience and consilient ideas across scientific fields, Dr. Siegel explains what to look for as therapists and how to transform challenges by shaping the brain. In this course, you will explore:
- How the mind filters the flow of energy and information
- Areas of the brain associated with essential processes and change
- The domains of integration to assess for impairment and to develop in therapy
By understanding the source of health within the brain, the mind, and relationships, you can create greater stability, regulation, and overall well-being in your life and the lives of your clients.
By the end of this course you will be able to
2. Recognize the contributions of neuroscience to the process of change in psychotherapy
3. Explain how integration relates to health and identify the indicators of unhealth
4. Apply the principles of neuroplasticity to help facilitate positive and lasting change in psychotherapy
5. Practice basic mindfulness skill training approaches in therapy
6. Describe the mindsight approach and the process of stabilizing one’s mindsight “lens”
7. Assess how embracing uncertainty promotes effective psychotherapy
8. Outline the key integrative areas of the brain, their functions, and how to focus on them in therapy
9. Identify the nine prefrontal cortex functions associated with mindfulness practice, secure attachment, and the integration of the brain
10. Utilize the nine domains of integration (consciousness, bilateral, vertical, memory, narrative, state, interpersonal, temporal, and “transpirational” integration) in promoting well-being
Upon completion of course, please mark your status as “complete” and you will obtain immediate access to your exam in your course area. Once you complete and submit your exam, our team will process same. Upon passing the exam with an 80% or better, a digital CE Credit Certificate will be emailed to you once it is available. Please note that this process could take up to 2 weeks. If you have any special circumstances, please reach out to the Mindsight Team at email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate.
Further, if you simply require a Certificate of Completion, or if you have any questions regarding this process, please email the Mindsight Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may watch the lectures as many times as you'd like and they will remain in your library forever.
Stream the video lectures on any computer, tablet, or mobile device of your choice!
A Certificate of Completion is available after completing this course. Please email the Mindsight Team at email@example.com to request a test.