Families, Children, and Therapy from the Inside Out
- Learning Objectives
- CE Credit
Whether you are a mental health practitioner, psychotherapist, or educator, the essence of your work involves supporting the mind, however, this concept is traditionally not defined in training. In this course, Dr. Siegel examines why understanding what the mind is and how it relates to the brain, relationships, and the flow of energy and information enables us to look more deeply at mental health and what that entails. Through an exploration of the science and its implications on clinical and personal practice, you will dive into:
- Various aspects of the mind and the development of mindsight
- Means of strengthening the integrative fibers of the brain
- The power of reflective practices, including the Wheel of Awareness
By the end of this course you will be able to
- Utilize the triangle of relationships, the brain, and the mind to conceptualize mental health and wellbeing
- Define the mind through an Interpersonal Neurobiology perspective
- Assess how the mind monitors and modifies the flow of energy and information
- Explain the significance of understanding brain science to understand oneself and others
- Utilize the Hand Model of the Brain for identifying key brain structures and functions
- Identify the nine functions of the middle prefrontal cortex and highlight how they relate to secure attachment and mindfulness meditation
- Define integration and explain how it relates to health
- Describe mindsight and outline the process of strengthening one’s mindsight lens
- Outline the purpose and benefits of reflective practices
- Demonstrate the Wheel of Awareness for personal practice and for use with clients
Upon completion of course, please mark your status as “complete” and you will obtain immediate access to your exam in your course area. Once you complete and submit your exam, our team will process same. Upon passing the exam with an 80% or better, a digital CE Credit Certificate will be emailed to you once it is available. Please note that this process could take up to 2 weeks. If you have any special circumstances, please reach out to the Mindsight Team at [email protected] and we will do our best to accommodate.
Further, if you simply require a Certificate of Completion, or if you have any questions regarding this process, please email the Mindsight Team at [email protected].
You may watch the lectures as many times as you'd like and they will remain in your library forever.
Stream the video lectures on any computer, tablet, or mobile device of your choice!
A Certificate of Completion is available after completing this course. Please email the Mindsight Team at [email protected] to request a test.