Attachment, Trauma, and Psychotherapy
- 11 hrs
- 7 Lesson(s)
- All Levels
- Learning Objectives
- CE Credit
As we continue to discover more about neural integration and the deeply social nature of the brain we are moving towards remarkable new insights into the nature of the mind. Three human experiences have been documented as promoting well-being: secure attachment, mindfulness meditation, and effective psychotherapy. You will explore how these systems share similar neural mechanisms and the implications that this has for both attaining a state of well-being and transforming the brain.
In this course, discover how the classic descriptions of major psychopathology – from autism to bipolar disorder – reveal blockages to neural differentiation and linkage in regions of the brain involved in social cognition and self-regulation. Take home new approaches to clinical assessment that are based on revealing the precise impairment to integration and offering a new conceptual framework for your clinical practice.
By the end of this course you will be able to
2. Integrate findings from the Adult Attachment Interview into clinical assessment and treatment.
3. Analyze ways in which traumatic experiences impact neural development, structure, and function.
4. Evaluate impairment of integration in memory processes in everyday life and in trauma.
5. Articulate the role of both implicit and explicit memory in trauma resolution and health.
6. Point out ways in which the brain develops and changes through relationships, consciousness, and neuroplasticity.
7. Analyze how Presence, Attunement, and Resonance foster Trusting relationships – the PART we play in psychotherapy.
"The Lifespan Learning Institute and the Mindsight Institute are cosponsors of the Continuing Education programs offered."
Upon completion of course, please mark your status as “complete” and you will obtain immediate access to your exam in your course area. Once you complete and submit your exam, our team will process same. Upon passing the exam with an 80% or better, a digital CE Credit Certificate will be emailed to you once it is available. Please note that this process could take up to 2 weeks. If you have any special circumstances, please reach out to the Mindsight Team at [email protected] and we will do our best to accommodate.
Further, if you simply require a Certificate of Completion, or if you have any questions regarding this process, please email the Mindsight Team at [email protected].
Disclosure: The speakers, and planning committee members listed below have disclosed that they have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests
You may watch the lectures as many times as you'd like and they will remain in your library forever.
Stream the video lectures on any computer, tablet, or mobile device of your choice!
A Certificate of Completion is available after completing this course. Please email the Mindsight Team at [email protected] to request a test.